BunWat

Bun's Books

All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation
Rebecca Traister
The Fifth Head of Cerberus: Three Novellas - Gene Wolfe Complex intricate puzzle box of three interlinked novellas set on a pair of planets in the same solar system. Characters from one novella show up in the other, nobody is telling the truth and there are lots of things the characters themselves don't know or don't understand.

Wolfe definitely doesn't hand you the story all laid out for easy consumption, you have to pick up the hints and create your own narrative in order to figure out what's (probably) going on.

If you don't have the energy or interest to pick this book apart in your head and cobble the bits back together into a shape that makes sense to you, this thing can come across as a very confusing mess. If you do have the energy and interest it can be quite a lot of fun - for those of us who have a side that likes acrostics and crossword puzzles and 450 piece jigsaws of snow leopards in a blizzard.

I found it great fun, only slightly hampered by the lack of a single character I found even mildly congenial.